View Single Post
Old 18.03.2015, 21:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 62 Times in 32 Posts
Thanked 3,187 Times in 1,571 Posts
Island Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond reputeIsland Monkey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Health Insurance - first 3 months...once again

Quote:
View Post
HI
I have signed health insurance with an Agent for Swica and it was dated on the 3rd month after my arrival. I have arrived in January and agreement was signed on 1st March to start the insurance from that date. After few days I have received confirmation from Swica that my insurance policy will be created from 5th January because I registered on that day so they have breached the contract I have signed with them. They insisting the insurance has to start from 5th January. I have exchanged correspondence with them but my arguments seem to be pointless. I have to provide registration certificate dated on March or have an exemption from Canton to sign the policy 2 months after arrival. Can anyone advise if this is legal ? Ignore the signed agreement ?
Possibly they didn't realise your arrival date when they made the agreement?

The law is that you have to pay health insurance from the beginning of the month you arrive.
This user would like to thank Island Monkey for this useful post: