View Single Post
Old 31.03.2015, 13:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 18 Times in 15 Posts
scipio has a reputation beyond reputescipio has a reputation beyond reputescipio has a reputation beyond reputescipio has a reputation beyond repute
Re: L permits and library cards (or lack thereof)

Quote:
View Post
Interesting, Geneva wins again it seems.... here you only have to produce photographic ID (passport or driving licence are both acceptable), and something that bears proof of your address (such as a utility bill) in case they need to write to you for any reason.

You can even join if you live outside of the canton but have ties to the area (work for example).

http://institutions.ville-geneve.ch/...isation_bm.pdf
Actually anybody that has a permanent address in Switzerland can register for the Zentralbibliothek in Zürich.

I can only guess, but I would assume that the problem with an L-permit is that one usually only stays between 3 and 12 months. Hence the address is not assumed as permanent? Of course this is unfortunate, I hope there will be a better solution for you.

However, by registering for the ZB you usually get access to all libraries within the IDS. I wonder if it is possible to register at one of the other libraries within IDS to get access to ZB? Maybe ask somebody at ETH/UZH -> NEBIS