View Single Post
Old 01.04.2015, 01:30

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jogpsa has earned some respectjogpsa has earned some respect
Re: blu ray player for region A1

Quote:
If you are not sure that you want the A/1 region encoding,
I'm just not sure if I NEED one. Yet. It says A/1 on Amazon. Maybe that's not correct. But if the DVD really is A/1 only I will only know if I have it here to try on my player.

Quote:
Or the US version has a lot more bonus features
That's exactly the reason. It's "Justified" I'm interested in. I've already got the normal DVD version of seasons 1-4. Season 1-3 is with Extras. But Season 4 is without any Special Features. They come only with blu ray.
http://www.amazon.com/Justified-Seas...ason+4+blu+ray

Amazon often doesn't mention whether or not there are any Special Features. But there are blu ray reviews that say so for Season 4 and 5. And same is to be expected for Season 6.

Quote:
as there are so many streaming options available.
To get hold of the episodes is not a problem nowadays. But the Special Features are usually not available from such sources.

Quote:
It also means that while you can make a bluray player play muotiregion DVDs, it is still not multiregion for playing Bluray.
You're telling me!

To be frank... I've already ordered Season 4 and 5 a few days ago. I'll know whether they play on my player as soon as they arrive. Frankly again: I forgot about the extra difficulty with blu ray region codes when I made the purchase. It was late at night...
So far, I bought only 1 blu ray DVD that doesn't play on my player. "Jack Irish - Dead Point" - the US version was much cheaper than the Australian one. Luckily that one came with a second non-blu-ray DVD with the same content.

But sooner or later I had to try to solve that A/1-problem anyway because I don't want to wait until European versions become available IF they become available at all. And I often don't mind buying the DVDs - I LOVE to watch Special Features.