View Single Post
Old 07.04.2015, 17:42
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paleo - Anyone here doing it?

I tried the Paleo diet - and it was absolutely brilliant - I lost 30kg. I suspect most of this loss came from eating berries and nuts (which weren't adequately checked) causing some mild vomiting and discomfort - for about 12 days.

After which I rationalised I wasn't following the diet strictly enough - so I went off looking for a wooly mammoth. Unable to locate one anywhere in kanton Zurich I went back to my "I Spy of Animals" and discovered that Elephants look an awful lot like mammoth - just without the furry coat. Armed with this new fund knowledge I did a nighttime assault on Zurich zoo - clad in lycra and armed with the biggest Swiss army knife I could find. I hadn't reckoned on the cunning of the Zoo - and before I even had chance to slice into my first Elephant tartar I was carted away to the clink.

It transpires that the Swiss Prison service don't do a paleo diet - but I do - so I stuck to my guns and didn't eat. On release I found that from the start of the diet I had lost an astonishing 30kg.

I am looking forward to a delicious evening meal of bark, some moss and the next door neighbours cat, who had unfortunate coming together with Renault Scenic on Easter Sunday.