View Single Post
Old 07.04.2015, 18:49
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 57 Times in 37 Posts
Thanked 3,079 Times in 1,161 Posts
MsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond reputeMsWorWoo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paleo - Anyone here doing it?

Quote:
View Post
Same for me with lupus - when I eat wheat, I feel awful. So if someone complains about feeling unwell, I do suggest they try cutting out certain foods. Turns out people prefer to complain rather than stop eating muffins. Oh well.
Muffins I can love without, but cheese and wine!
Seriously though, anything that works for you is great, but not everything that works for you will work for others. Gut microbiome and genetics means we are all different.
The main problem I have with diets, is not the diet, but the 'born again' self rightousness that people get, be it with paleo, 5-2, atkins or vaganism or boiled cabbage. I understand why, people feel so much better and want to share their pleasure to make others feel just as happy.... But, not everyone will react the same way. I am pretty Neolithic (e.g. homozygous for the lactase persistance mutation) so bread and dairy are not an issue to me, but I understand they are for less mutated people and would never berate anyone to have a glass of milk when feeling sick, as I do, because I know that if can actually make others very ill.

McGregors Daughter. I wish you luck on your HFLC adventure.
The following 3 users would like to thank MsWorWoo for this useful post: