View Single Post
Old 07.04.2015, 21:46
Forum Legend

Groaned at 233 Times in 190 Posts
Thanked 4,143 Times in 1,780 Posts
Papa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond reputePapa Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Ceiling light and installer recommendations?

Quote:
View Post
Hi all,

Just moved into our flat (it's a new build < 4 yrs old) and there are 8 places where we need to install ceiling lights.

I'm looking for two recommendations please:

1) best bang-for-buck light that offers bight lighting that looks good. Requirements are it has to be bright, relatively cheap, and most importantly leave no permanent holes in the ceiling (when we eventually move out I do not want any penalties/fines because of mounting lights

2) installer recommendations - what is the going rate now-a-days?

I searched some older threads re this topic and found some that are 3-4 years old so keen to understand going rate and any new options available for lighting.

Danke!
That probably means Ikea then as they will get you the most light for your money.From your picture I don't think you aren't going to get away without making some holes in the ceiling whatever you chose. You can buy butterfly hooks for lights with pendant type fittings, but it doesn't look like you have room for those I'm afraid. As long as any holes are in the immediate vicinity of the power outlet, it normally isn't too much of an issue, but if your careful a little white filler will work fine and often doesn't need a repaint.