View Single Post
Old 07.04.2015, 21:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 165 Times in 104 Posts
Thanked 7,983 Times in 2,706 Posts
Kittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond reputeKittster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paleo - Anyone here doing it?

Quote:
View Post
Muffins I can love without, but cheese and wine!
Seriously though, anything that works for you is great, but not everything that works for you will work for others. Gut microbiome and genetics means we are all different.
The main problem I have with diets, is not the diet, but the 'born again' self rightousness that people get, be it with paleo, 5-2, atkins or vaganism or boiled cabbage. I understand why, people feel so much better and want to share their pleasure to make others feel just as happy.... But, not everyone will react the same way. I am pretty Neolithic (e.g. homozygous for the lactase persistance mutation) so bread and dairy are not an issue to me, but I understand they are for less mutated people and would never berate anyone to have a glass of milk when feeling sick, as I do, because I know that if can actually make others very ill.

McGregors Daughter. I wish you luck on your HFLC adventure.
Absolutely - I had five years of trying all sorts of other stuff, including just having cortisone as my standard breakfast accompaniment. The point I'm trying trying to make is that I simply tell people "I feel ill when I eat this, so you could try and see if you feel better without. Thirty days of cutting something out which may cause you to feel bad". However, people then instantly go "what, no bread/wine/cheese/Fruit Loops/green rocks harvested on the New Moon/you name it?! but that's soooo haaaard". I just can't take people seriously when they b*tch and whine but refuse to do something about it. You know the magic thing about magic pills? They are utterly make believe!
This user would like to thank Kittster for this useful post: