View Single Post
Old 08.04.2015, 11:49
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,167 Times in 783 Posts
Thanked 18,963 Times in 7,352 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Thinking of starting a Fried Chicken Business like KFC

Quote:
View Post
I couldn't disagree more with your logic. KFC works in 115 countries including Germany and Austria, there is absolutely no reason why it couldn't work here IF the business was managed correctly. In any case its just a matter of time, it will be here and I am happy to put a bet on it
It was here for 24 years... 1980 - 2004.... that's a long time to try and make something work.

I would say the problems here are:
  • Price of locally sourced chicken along with all other high Swiss operating costs
  • KFC use chicken farms where the chucks live in crappy conditions and are pumped full of rubbish in order to be able to fatten quickly enough to be someones meal. I'm guessing that doesn't fly in Switzerland, especially nowadays.
  • KFC have a worse global reputation for bad health and hygiene that McDonalds et al

So, you would need to find a local chicken farm that was willing to provide chicken at a low cost, and provide enough to fuel several busy stores.

Last edited by Chuff; 08.04.2015 at 12:03.
The following 6 users would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: