View Single Post
Old 16.04.2015, 13:51
Forum Legend

Groaned at 414 Times in 275 Posts
Thanked 20,428 Times in 10,577 Posts
MusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond reputeMusicChick has a reputation beyond repute
Re: domestic abuse and divorce

Quote:
View Post
The point I made is that a sole custody will deny the child a father. A joint custody is today the norm here.
It is not the norm here, but the access to joint custody is the norm, that is very true. Whether the father can get it or not, depends on the judge. Joint custody should be the starting point, the judge will see to assure the best conditions for the child, ie financial and being provided for, security, where the child is used to go to school, social integration, etc.

Quote:
View Post
Violent fathers have supervised visits, sometimes in a secure place, but they could also still have joint custody.
That sentence makes zero sense. Violent fathers have supervised visits but could still have joint custody? If the father is dangerous to the child and mother contests the joint custody, or, reports and the system will report to the judge, the joint custody will not happen. I think you are talking about parental rights, not the actual joint custody (ie with whom the child will stay).

I am with you on the legal support OP needs to see, but first of all, she needs to make sure her place is secure. Next step, if she does not have a lawyer already, is the dept. of social affairs, they can assign a lawyer to her, or, she can have a cheap, subsidized, short term legal help and take it from there.

“The only difference between a rut and a grave is a matter of depth.” S.P. Cadman

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." A. Einstein

Last edited by MusicChick; 16.04.2015 at 14:10.
The following 2 users would like to thank MusicChick for this useful post: