View Single Post
Old 17.04.2015, 11:34
Forum Legend

Groaned at 95 Times in 86 Posts
Thanked 8,241 Times in 4,127 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: EU citizen moving to CH with non-EU wife

Quote:
View Post
Sorry miniMia, but that's wrong.

"Upon arrival in Switzerland, family members must present the following documents:
  • Valid ID card or passport,
  • Visa if applicable,
  • Certificate issued by the authorities in the country of origin proving that the person is related to you,
  • Anyone who will be dependent upon you must present a letter issued by the authorities of the country of origin confirming that you will pay their living expenses."
https://www.ch.ch/en/family-reunification-eu-efta

I had to get a single entry visa to come here from the UK with my British husband back in 1998 because I travelled with my American passport.

In this case a visa isn't necessary, but pre-approval is as far as I can see from the official sources.

Sorry MF, but I am not wrong.

It says clearly 'if applicable'... Non EU spouses of EU citizen with residency permits in the EU (except UK) do not need visas.it is clear in the FMOP agreement. The UK opted out. The OP isn't coming for the UK.

Not only that but the FMOP was put in place after 1998! Lots of other things have changed since then.
This user would like to thank miniMia for this useful post: