View Single Post
Old 20.04.2015, 10:50
Forum Legend

Groaned at 118 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone works in pharma or medical device industry? I find it very difficult to ge

Quote:
View Post
I work in Pharma and do the odd bit of regulatory work - basically without experience it is quite difficult to break into - just a year or 2 will help massively.

You need to find someone who is willing to train you from scratch, or get an entry level job in pharma that is non-regulatory (but still medical/scientific) to get some experience, then try go sideways to a regulatory job.

That said, once you are good at it then you can do really well - Regulatory is a very complex area and can take a lifetime to even get half decent at!

Good luck!
This. I also work in Pharma and collaborate frequently with our regulatory people. Without experience, it's a tough field to break into, but try for a post in process development or validation or similar to begin with and try to move sideways one you're familiar with the company and products.

Having said that, it beats me why anyone would willingly want to deal with regulators on a daily basis .
The following 4 users would like to thank PaddyG for this useful post: