View Single Post
Old 20.04.2015, 17:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 128 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 7,258 Times in 2,761 Posts
Samaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond reputeSamaire13 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anyone works in pharma or medical device industry? I find it very difficult to ge

Problem one: Swiss (big) Pharma is not the place to look for entry-level jobs right now. Come back in 5 years and things will be different.

Problem two: RA is not a typical entry-level area and there won't be a whole lot of options to choose from. So I second the previous advice to look for other entry-level positions and maybe transfer to RA at some later point in your career.

Comment three: it's not allowed to work for free in Switzerland unless it's a dedicated volunteering program, which of course any position you would take won't be.

Comment four: even with a degree from a Swiss university, any work permit application is still subject to a detailed check, i.e. just because you studied in Switzerland does not guarantee you get a permit - it just entitles you to a somewhat simpler process. The job you are interested in still has to be of "significant value" in Switzerland and it's questionable that this holds true for an entry-level RA job. Also, most employer are NOT aware of this rule and might reject you simply as it's typically impossible to get a work permit for a non-EU with no work experience.

So bottom line: expand your search, in every way possible, geographically, in terms of specialty and in terms of industry, as an entry-level RA job in Switzerland will probably not happen within a reasonable timeframe.
The following 2 users would like to thank Samaire13 for this useful post: