View Single Post
Old 21.04.2015, 16:11
osm osm is offline
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ZH
Posts: 7
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
osm has no particular reputation at present
Re: Restricted B permit & unemployment insurance payment

View Post
I think needs more than just an approval letter, any new employer will still have to prove they can't find a Swiss/EU national who could do the job before they could hire you. I assume you're hoping for something other than another PhD.

Not sure on the unemployment with a restricted B, but normally if you resign any job you're "penalised" by not being paid anything immediately, the delay could be anything from a month to 3 months before RAV start paying out.

Thanks very much for your answer, Medea Fleecestealer! Definitely I don''t want another PhD, but a real job . This restricted B permit was for a postdoc position. Do you know if postdocs usually have a B permit with the designation "Ausbildung", or only PhD students have this designation?

Regarding the unemployment insurance payment, I understand the penalty for resigning, but I don't know if this particular type of restricted B also takes away my right to receive unemployment insurance payment after the penalty period is over. My permit was valid for 5 months after I resigned from my postdoc. They penalized me for 2 months, then payed me for 2 months, and stopped paying me for the last month of the validity of my old B permit. Now they demand that I pay them back those 2 months, saying that I had no rights to the insurance because of this type of restricted B.

So I wonder if anyone else has been in the same situation and could share your experience. Millions of thanks!
Reply With Quote