View Single Post
Old 23.04.2015, 17:20
lfitz lfitz is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Zurich
Posts: 63
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 93 Times in 28 Posts
lfitz is considered knowledgeablelfitz is considered knowledgeablelfitz is considered knowledgeable
Re: Changing student visa to working visa for non EU

I realize this is an old thread, but it is the most relevant to my situation, and I didn't want to clutter up the forum . . .

I am also from outside the EU/Shengen, and also have a B study visa. This type (more restrictive for non-Europeans) only allows you to work 20% during the school year. The problem is, it is nigh impossible to live off of 20% of any salary in Zurich . . . so I am applying to a few jobs that would bump me up to 50 or so %. My classmates are generally working 30-80%, so this is not something odd or that would have an adverse effect on my studies.

Is it possible to switch to a B work visa while still studying so I can make enough to actually live off of? (Provided I find a job, they can attest that I am the most qualified, yada yada).
Reply With Quote