View Single Post
Old 23.04.2015, 18:31
Forum Legend

Groaned at 418 Times in 321 Posts
Thanked 17,495 Times in 9,811 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Changing student visa to working visa for non EU

Quote:
View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but it is the most relevant to my situation, and I didn't want to clutter up the forum . . .

I am also from outside the EU/Shengen, and also have a B study visa. This type (more restrictive for non-Europeans) only allows you to work 20% during the school year. The problem is, it is nigh impossible to live off of 20% of any salary in Zurich . . . so I am applying to a few jobs that would bump me up to 50 or so %. My classmates are generally working 30-80%, so this is not something odd or that would have an adverse effect on my studies.

Is it possible to switch to a B work visa while still studying so I can make enough to actually live off of? (Provided I find a job, they can attest that I am the most qualified, yada yada).
No. It's not simply a matter of attesting you're the best qualified, they have to prove it to the Swiss authorities. And you would have to give up being a student as well I think. All students as far as I know are limited to 15 hours per week. If you/they are doing more then they're working illegally. And you should have had enough money to cover your living expenses before you even started your course. How did you get approval without providing financial proof that you could support yourself while you study?