View Single Post
Old 27.04.2015, 19:43
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
garadnair has no particular reputation at present
"Zwischenverdienst", freelance work question

I have had a look through postings regarding unemployment, "Zwischenverdienst", freelance work and am still unsure about quite how this is going to work. I'm hoping that you can provide a little help.

My situation:

I am already registered with RAV, but currently still on garden leave and my employment is ending by end of April 2015. So, RAV unemployment payments is just starting from 1 May 2015 only. But as of mid of May 2015 I could work as freelancer (SAP consulting) outside of Switzerland for 6 months, but contracted with a Swiss Company, get paid in CHF and expected gross amount should be higher even than my gross salary with my employer earlier and higher than max 80% scenario RAV should pay. I am not about to leave Switzerland as my kids are attending school here, so intention to keep our life here.

Earlier I mentioned it to my RAV consultant, but last Friday I received a confirmation that I can start. I do not want to be either self -employed or set-up a company as this contract is about 6 months only.

I'm an EU citizen with B permit.

My questions:

1. Can I be in Zwischenverdienst ? or I should be totally self-employed ? (monthly amount will be higher than my old gross salary)

2. Should I put RAV on pause for the period of the contract ?

3. How do I have to pay AHV, taxes etc ?

I will meet my RAV consultant this week, but I would like to have some insights prior meeting him. I hope my problem and questions are clear enough.

I would appreciate some feedback from people who already were in similar situations.

Many thanks