View Single Post
Old 28.04.2015, 10:55

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
jogpsa has earned some respectjogpsa has earned some respect
Re: blu ray player for region A1

Update....

The blu-ray DVDs (Justified Season 4 and 5) arrived and I could NOT watch them on my blu-ray player. Error message said "wrong region". Another blu-ray DVD bought at the same time for which Amazon also said "Region A/1" was in fact multi region. Conclusion: Region-specification on Amazon IS unreliable. AND: I was now sufficiently motivated to get me a A/1 player.

So I started evaluating A/1 blu-ray players and voltage converters. After looking at various on-line shops I limited evaluation to Amazon, compared reviews, prices, (shipping) weights and shipping costs and finally went for:
Samsung BD-F5700 Wi-Fi Blu-Ray Player (2013 Model)
and
LiteFuze LC-300EU 300Watt Step Up/Down Travel Voltage Converter, EU Cord
(the cheaper and lighter Simran-voltage converter suggested by monkeyboy76 was not an option as the seller did not offer international shipment - same as some other sellers)

The whole lot cost me CHF 99 (player) + 30 (converter) + 32 (shipping) + 14 ("import fees deposit") = 175. But from experience I expected to be charged with some more cost when it arrives (taxes, VAT and whatever). But that didn't happen - the lot arrived yesterday, no further cost! Amazing...

AND IT WORKS by the way...

Thanks again for the helpful tips regarding voltage converter - that saved me a lot of time