View Single Post
Old 29.04.2015, 17:22
garadnair garadnair is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Zug (ZG)
Posts: 14
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
garadnair has no particular reputation at present
on "Zwischenverdienst" and freelance work in Germany - taxation issues

Dear All,

I have the following question:

I could get a freelance work opportunity in Germany, I am registered at RAV and clarified everything with them - I mean the process, the forms I have to fill-out, invoicing etc. There is no any issue with that so far and they are very happy with this (they / insurance company do not have to pay).

Now, I would like to make the contract with my contracting partner. The work location is in Germany, the consulting company I would make the contract with has subsidiary in CH and also in Germany. I can make a contract with the CH entity, RAV has no any issue with that.

A here comes the problem: There is an agency also involved into this (who introduced me to the client) and they want me to be set-up as a freelancer is Germany. It would mean that I should pay all of the social contributions, insurances everything in Germany. I think it is completely not needed since I am on RAV payroll, so basically I am already employed here and all social contribution is paid. May be I am wrong, but this is at least my simple understanding.

Could anyone share some experience what kind of possibilities I have and last, but not least how much I have to pay as income tax in Germany ?
Do I have to pay income tax at all ? I assume I will have to.

I want to keep our life in CH, this is a project would be great to do.

many thanks. Robert.
Reply With Quote