View Single Post
Old 04.05.2015, 21:29
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 429 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 21,398 Times in 11,220 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Questions about everything

Quote:
View Post
To be fair to donnareiners, coming from the next state "up" and being slightly older than she states, I probably would be asking the same questions if I were in her shoes. Although I expect (hope) that the news coverage these days is more international when I was a kid/teenager in the States our local news channels covering something that happened in New York or Los Angeles was fairly rare, never mind anything regarding the world beyond the US's borders. When you're nearly 1,500 miles from both the Atlantic and Pacific coasts news from the rest of the world had to pretty major to make it onto our TV channels!

Internet speeds are pretty quick in the cities, but will probably be slower if you move away from them. We're just 10kms (6-7 miles) from Fribourg and our average speed is around 800kps if that means anything to you. It certainly doesn't to me.

One thing to be wary of is living too near to a church or clock tower. I understand you'll probably want to attend church services, but here the churches ring their bells, clock chimes are often hourly and some chime quarter hours too and do this all through the night as well.
I am sure you could get much faster internet, that's a typical speed in France
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: