View Single Post
Old 06.05.2015, 12:34
Burrito's Avatar
Burrito Burrito is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Zurich
Posts: 97
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Burrito has no particular reputation at present
Leaving Switzerland and employer. Need to find a "Share Register"

Hmm, this might be too basic of a question for the financially-savvy.

I'm leaving my Swiss employer and moving to a new company in Liverpool (my home region).

I have around CHF 110k of company stock that I would like to hold on to (for the foreseeable future). I'd rather not sell right now (especially as just dipped after a period of growth).

My current employer holds this stock in their corporate "Share Register". I've been told I have 90 days to find a new Share Register. I have *zero* other experience with personal shares. Not sure if a Share Register is the same as a Share Custody account. I assume this is a paid service.

Would anyone have a recommendation on whether better to use a UK Share Register or a Swiss service and any names ?

Thanks a lot in anticipation.


Any particular suggestion would be super useful as this is an area completely new to me.

Last edited by Burrito; 06.05.2015 at 12:35. Reason: Clarity
Reply With Quote