View Single Post
Old 08.05.2015, 12:59
Forum Legend

Groaned at 19 Times in 18 Posts
Thanked 18,735 Times in 5,993 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Warning: Recent poisoning incidents in SZ

Quote:
View Post
The best thing is to teach your dog not to eat anything randomly. All the dogs I had in the past and Ebby now were taught that and if she ever takes something in her mouth she drops it immediately at my command. You have to start teaching them at puppy age.
So true. One of the critical 'life skills' our dogs must learn. Our trainer regularly has us do exercises where we work on this.

But even when our dogs are trained to ignore food on the floor we owners still need to keep vigilant.

Sad world, isn't it?

ETA

Shaking my head in disbelief reading the comments section to the first article. How can anyone condone such a calculatedly brutal act? What sort of society have we become? Fortunately my faith in humanity is somewhat restored - the comments to the second articles all roundly condemn the crime.

Last edited by meloncollie; 08.05.2015 at 16:13.
The following 4 users would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: