View Single Post
Old 21.05.2015, 20:28

Groaned at 2 Times in 1 Post
Kiwi2Swiss has earned some respectKiwi2Swiss has earned some respect
Re: where to look for jobs with no job qualifications

Doropfiz, I will tell you what I can now and will add the rest later, especially about work and if we feel it was worth it.

As I had mentioned, we are subletting my cousins house. My niece is also living with us and my cousin and her husband still come and go every day, but only for certain times of the day when they are waiting for the cheesemaker to come and collect the milk that they bring down from another barn each day. So, is it ideal? No, but that is because I am an intensly private person and since our children have moved out, I have gotten so used to it being just my husband and I. Is it workable? Yes, it is saving us money for the time being and we love the house and where it is located, which is rural. At some point, maybe once I have been working for several months, we will look into finding my husband a job in the same town (if that is possible) and then we might move into a flat. We will only ever look at the lower end for rent, around 1200.-. In Kanton SG that is possible, but I realize that most of you are closer to Zürich, so that would not work for you. Time will tell, for the time being, we will enjoy having a house with a peaceful and private space.
Yes, we have registered with all the departments, AHV, Krankenkasse, the Gemeinde, have bought and insured our car, changed my NZ drivers license over, my husband is still in the process of doing that, we had to wait for his Ausländerausweis to arrive first and we still have time for that, so no rush.
At this point and time it is easy for me to say that we are loving it here, but I realize that I have been very spoiled by not having to work until now. My husband is loving the change of work and having a set home time and having the weekends to ourselves to just go and travel around CH. We are loving it.
Like I have said in a previous mail, both my husband and I know how to live frugally, so this is what we will be doing more of when I start work. In the meantime we can still fall back on the money that we had allowed for this time.

I think it is fair to say that it would have been a whole lot more difficult if we did not have family helping us with the lower rent (we pay 1000.-) etc. We are very thankful!!

Good luck to you IrishAmerican..... ! hope you have a similar situation and that it too will work for you.
The following 3 users would like to thank Kiwi2Swiss for this useful post: