View Single Post
Old 25.05.2015, 13:13
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 450 Times in 344 Posts
Thanked 22,341 Times in 11,556 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Leaving Switzerland and employer. Need to find a "Share Register"

Quote:
View Post
Hmm, this might be too basic of a question for the financially-savvy.

I'm leaving my Swiss employer and moving to a new company in Liverpool (my home region).

I have around CHF 110k of company stock that I would like to hold on to (for the foreseeable future). I'd rather not sell right now (especially as just dipped after a period of growth).

My current employer holds this stock in their corporate "Share Register". I've been told I have 90 days to find a new Share Register. I have *zero* other experience with personal shares. Not sure if a Share Register is the same as a Share Custody account. I assume this is a paid service.

Would anyone have a recommendation on whether better to use a UK Share Register or a Swiss service and any names ?

Thanks a lot in anticipation.

Burrito

Any particular suggestion would be super useful as this is an area completely new to me.
If the dip in value is connected with the strengthening CHF, that is to be expected as foreign earnings will produce lower CHF profits. If you ultimately want GBP then the strength of the CHF is 'hedged' Remember you will be liable to UK CGT tax on your gains, once you return. If you have been non resident for 5 UK tax years any sales you do whilst still CH tax resident will be free of UK CGT.