Thread: Adult acne
View Single Post
Old 25.05.2015, 19:51

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
keksli is considered knowledgeablekeksli is considered knowledgeablekeksli is considered knowledgeable
Adult acne

I'm seeking advice concerning adult acne. Has anyone here been able to get rid of it? What did you do/which medication did you take?
After about a year of peace, my acne is starting to show up again I will make an appointment with my dermatologist, but for the meantime...

This is my history: Before 20, I had really clear skin. Then I suddenly started breaking out. I had hundreds of tiny red/white-ish bumps on my t-zone. It looked like a rash. My forehead was really shiny, but at the same time it was so dry that I couldn't cover it up with make-up, because it would go into all the creases and look awful. On my cheeks I would occasionally get large hard pimples, which would stay there for weeks.

I had my hormones and blood checked and everything was fine, so the doctors didn't know what the cause was. I decided to wait a year to see if it would clear up on it's own.
It did not, and so I went to the dermatologist again. He suggested the pill, but I didn't want to, so for two years I tried all kinds of topical remedies (natural and medical).
Nothing helped and so I gave in to the pill. I took Diane-35 and my skin finally cleared up. Since this medication isn't meant to be taken forever, I stopped after a year.
My skin stayed clear for another year, and then the acne came back. The doctor said it was normal for the skin to 'worsen' a bit after stopping the pill, but it should improve after a few months. So I waited another year.
But again, it would not get better. So I went back on the pill. I've been taking it for ten months now and suddenly my forehead is starting to flare up again even though I never stopped taking it!

I don't know what to do anymore I'm 26 and people think I'm 17, because I look very young in general and with the acne people think I'm a teen going through puberty

I'm currently taking Diane-35 and Skinoren cream, but it's been getting worse since last week.