View Single Post
Old 06.06.2015, 08:04
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,099 Times in 753 Posts
Thanked 18,587 Times in 7,208 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My review of Fibre in Zurich (FTTH/Init7/EWZ)

Hi guys, I have ordered Fiber7, due to go live end of June, and am wondering what else I need to get up and running. I have a Netgear 6300 v2 and I hear it will work in conjunction with some kind of fiber converter kit? Does anyone please have any links to good examples of what I need that I can buy separately?

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, Init7 suggest ASUS routers (which is why I originally wanted the RT-AC87U). But after reading that people were frustrated with the 5Ghz network and even returning the router, I decided to go for the Netgear R8000 instead.

Everything works great, stable and without troubles so far. But on the other hand, "only" with ipv4.

Guess I'm gonna ask in the Netgear forum for help and otherwise flash the DD-WRT firmware next week and see how it performs...
What average upload speeds do you get in MB/s? Does it drop off in terms of sheer throughput on weekends?