View Single Post
Old 08.06.2015, 17:26

Groaned at 10 Times in 6 Posts
user-name is considered knowledgeableuser-name is considered knowledgeableuser-name is considered knowledgeable
nice 'pull yourself together' advice! i hadn't thought of that option . dear deirdre would be even better (somehow) if that was her response to everything!

still in the hunt for answers to the 'is germany significantly cheaper than swistz for this kind of stuff?' and also 'how much does that stuff cost anyway?'

Quote:
View Post
Are you asking for parts costs or actually getting someone to do it professionally ?

For parts I've found Jumbo to be the most competitive, and their California own brand bikes are miles better than Migros/SportXX and Coop which I take as a good sign.

If you can fix a puncture you can change the tyres, it's the same job.

If you have a rack with a springy holder thingy a basket just slides on. If no springy thing, get a slide on basket and fix with string or cable ties. Simple front baskets just have straps.

Adjusting brakes isn't hard, just look on YouTube. It's also pretty obvious when they're good (wheel turns freely when off, stops nicely when on, not too hard/far to pull the lever, blocks aligned on rim).

You could also suggest here - they do occassional free advice sessions:

http://www.pro-velo.ch
nice one! great info, ta!

Last edited by 3Wishes; 08.06.2015 at 17:49. Reason: merging consecutive replies