View Single Post
Old 23.06.2015, 19:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 584 Times in 442 Posts
Thanked 13,745 Times in 5,347 Posts
Richdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond reputeRichdog has a reputation beyond repute
Re: legal customer protection rights in CH?

Quote:
View Post
Last week I bought a Campingaz: 3 Series BBQ for about chf450 from super-discount.ch. In the past I bought all my kitchen white goods from them and had no problems.

This time, the bbq was faulty.. one of the control knobs melted off on first use...clearly a fire and health hazard..! I have sent two e-mails to super-discount.ch and one to campingaz but no response. Called super-discount last week and they stated that my e-mail had been forwarded to campingaz/coleman.

I feel like I am being ignored and it's irritating me enough that I am about to talk to legal. None of us has time to chase up this kind of crap.

Tomorrow it will be a week since my first e-mail. Can anyone tell me what customers rights are in CH? The bbq took two hours to put together and weighs approx. 60kg - i don't fancy having to undo and repack it all.

I wish I had bought on amazon. Even if it's amazon in the UK or DE, atleast there are no issues with returns and refunds. Lesson learned..!

Thanks.
It is nothing to do with buying on Amazon as you would probably still have to return it. Next time buy from a reputable store with a local pickup point and English-speaking staff (ie: Digitec etc) that you can visit in person. Anyway, other than sending a mail, have you tried to call them and speak to someone?

And please... use a normal size font in your posts, making it larger doesn't make it any easier or less annoying to read.
The following 3 users would like to thank Richdog for this useful post: