View Single Post
Old 27.06.2015, 10:40
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Thanked 1,169 Times in 616 Posts
eng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond reputeeng_ch has a reputation beyond repute
Request for addition to Marketplace rules

Since the roolz state that sellers must include the location of an item in the thread title, could we add that potential buyers must check that they are prepared to travel to that location BEFORE they reserve items?

4 times in the last month it's happened to me that someone reserved an item, then decided it was too far once I gave them the collection address. Quite aside from the bad manners, I really don't like giving out a collection address at the end of a negotiation only to have some stranger pull out of the deal and be in possession of that address, it's a security concern.

Nobody minds reservations being cancelled because of changed circumstances or as a result of new information, but something that could easily be checked beforehand is different. I'm also not talking about an obligation to buy the item, so long as someone actually turns up to inspect it and doesn't just say, "oh sorry, it's too far". Surely that's what Google maps is for?
The following 3 users would like to thank eng_ch for this useful post: