View Single Post
Old 29.06.2015, 12:00
A singular modality

Groaned at 188 Times in 137 Posts
Thanked 10,009 Times in 4,438 Posts
Ace1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond reputeAce1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Request for addition to Marketplace rules

Quote:
View Post
If people live in difficult locations they might consider offering to meet up in some sane and mutually acceptable location. That's not the same as delivering to any Zürich suburb, but if you live in an far-flung and inaccessible corner of Richterswil, arranging a handover meeting say at Richterswil Bahnhof might sound like a fair compromise.
Yes, it might be, but that's up to the buyer and seller to agree. I think it's perfectly reasonable for a seller to assume that the buyer will collect, unless otherwise stated, and will not agree to buy something without having a suitable means of transport to do do.

And for free stuff, well sure, one might say, as I did recently, can meet by arrangement near my office, or similar, but if not stated it surely must be assumed that the beneficiary will arrange to pick up at the convenience of the donor, no?