Thread: Laptop stolen.
View Single Post
Old 01.07.2015, 20:28
Forum Legend

Groaned at 50 Times in 41 Posts
Thanked 3,545 Times in 1,803 Posts
glowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond reputeglowjupiter has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laptop stolen.

Quote:
View Post
Sort of depends on how it was stolen, no? If I forgot mine on a park bench, I wouldn't report it. If someone broke into my car or home, I would. If someone stole it from my desk at work, I'd report it to the appropriate people at work, etc.

No matter how it was stolen I'd call my insurance company.

Quote:
View Post
... who will probably require a police report before paying out any claims. ;-)
No matter what insurance might require and who ends up paying, without immediate notification of the theft OP runs the very high risk of not being refunded for the laptop - no matter if the money for that refund comes out of the OP's insurance's, the alleged thief's insurance's or the thief's own pocket.

OP, do things the way they should be done - hassle or not - and file a police report immediately while notifying your insurance immediately. Take notes of what you know about your laptop and the circumstances of the alleged theft, make many copies of those notes, and take them everywhere you go to get your laptop (the real thing or its monetary value) back.
Good luck :-)

Last edited by glowjupiter; 01.07.2015 at 21:49.