View Single Post
Old 10.07.2015, 09:17
Forum Legend

Groaned at 231 Times in 182 Posts
Thanked 8,709 Times in 4,673 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Greece discussing leaving the Euro Zone (Spiegel Online)

Quote:
View Post

its also amuses me the americans commenting on here, like their kids aren't going to spit out the dummy over the trillions of debt generated by their parents and grandparents military spending (a sort of self fulfilling pocket lining program, spend money to attack people and when they fight back say you need military spending to protect yourself).
Yeah, but it always feels good to look down to others.

Quote:
View Post
All the southern countries evade paying their taxes if they can and have done so for decades. If they hadn't have done so perhaps the tax brackets might not be so high in the first place.
I'm not so sure about that, have you looked at the level of taxation in Scandinavian states?

Anyway, Spain for instance (one of those "vicious" Southern states) has one of the best healthcare systems in the world, which is available for all the citizens and foreigners who pay social insurances. And I'm sure there are other things (like education etc) where a lot of money from taxes are going into. Let's not speak without really knowing the whole aspect of a certain problem.

Last edited by greenmount; 10.07.2015 at 09:29.
The following 2 users would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: