View Single Post
Old 06.06.2008, 15:57
Shenanigans Shenanigans is offline
Newbie 1st class
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 16
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shenanigans has no particular reputation at present
Income tax query plus permit issue

Hi All,

I could do with some advice on a very important work issue. I currently work in London for an American Bank. Due to the nature of my job they have agreed to allow me to work 3 days a week from home and 2 days in London.
We as a family are planning a move to Geneva in mid July and this will elimate the issue of me needing to find a job in Geneva. My plan is to commute to london for the 2 days and work the other 3 days from home (geneva). Believe it or not this commute will be easier than my current 80 mile daily round trip.
Once I leave the UK i don't need to pay income tax here, but I do need to pay income tax somewhere and as I will be living in Geneva it will be swiss income tax. What I need to know is how will the swiss expect someone who lives there but spends their time working in the UK, salalry is paid in sterling but living in switzerland and spending that salary in switzerland.

As I'm a EU citizen what form of pernit will I need and will that permit need to be a work permit to cover the 3 days I will work from home. I know this may sound very confusing but If I'm right in thinking as long as you pay your taxes to the swiss all is ok I hope . Ay advice appricated.
Reply With Quote