View Single Post
Old 15.07.2015, 08:18
Medea Fleecestealer's Avatar
Medea Fleecestealer Medea Fleecestealer is offline
Forum Legend
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 22,048
Groaned at 404 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 17,026 Times in 9,583 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pharma jobs in Switzerland language requirements

View Post
There's the question of whether your residency permit will allow you to work.
View Post
Your husband, as an EU citizen, has a right to work in Switzerland due to a bilateral agreement between the EU and Switzerland. He would normally be issued a B permit.

Considering his earnings and assuming that the accommodations are of sufficient size, you, as a non-EU citizen, should be able to join him under an exception clause granted by the cantonal authorities.

However, as I understand it, you, as a Canadian citizen, would not normally have the right to work here. You would be allowed to live in Switzerland as a dependent under his B permit.

If you also have or can claim EU citizenship, this would be a benefit to you in obtaining a work permit for Switzerland.

If you additionally have American citizenship or a claim on it, e.g., a parent has US citizenship, you should plan to be silent about it to avoid difficulties obtaining banking services. Obama and company launched a worldwide manhunt for US citizens living outside the US through foreign banks under a law called Fatca. If you're not American in any way, it won't concern you.
There is no question guys. As the spouse of an EU national she'll get the same permit as her husband. All she needs do is present an employment contract with a Swiss employer and that's it.

"Are family members allowed to work in Switzerland?

Spouses and children of EU-EFTA nationals who are admitted to Switzerland under family reunification are legally entitled to work regardless of their nationality. However, they have to inform the appropriate cantonal migration authorities before doing so. Spouses and children of EU2 nationals who have a short-term (L) permit are subject to systematic controls by the cantonal migration authorities to ensure wage and working conditions are correspond to the particular region and sector."

"Access to the labour market

Regardless of their nationality, persons who come to Switzerland by virtue of family reunification have the right to seek employment anywhere in Switzerland and in the branch of their choice. They may also work in a self-employed capacity. If the spouse and children of Romanian or Bulgarian nationals hold a Swiss short-stay permit, then their right to take up employment in Switzerland is contingent upon prior approval by the cantonal authorities."
Reply With Quote
The following 3 users would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: