View Single Post
Old 15.07.2015, 14:30
Forum Legend

Groaned at 118 Times in 102 Posts
Thanked 16,857 Times in 5,912 Posts
PaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond reputePaddyG has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Finding and signing for one place, but then finding a better?

Quote:
View Post
I imagine that this has probably happened to people before, but couldn't find anything on it in a search - has anyone applied for a place, signed the bail for it, but then been offered a better one that you want to take instead?

Once you're signed for the first place, what happens if you want to pull out before you've moved in? Does it just then revert to finding a tenant for it?

I should stress that this is hypothetical and in the context of Geneva - I know, if you're offered a place in Geneva, you're almost obliged to accept it, but curious to know if this has happened to anyone before and what happened next. Thanks!
This happened to some friends; they simply agreed on a financial settlement with the original landlord in order to break the contract. This was in Kt. Zug btw.