View Single Post
Old 15.07.2015, 20:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 10 Times in 10 Posts
moggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond reputemoggy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Getting to an all inclusive in the Caribbean from Switzerland/France

I have been fasinated by this thread since you started it yesterday & been educated by replies.

One important thing you missed out, What month?

Neither did you mention how long, though not sure that make much difference to the whole party. But maybe if you are traveling further, you might prefer it to be longer for your family.

Financial it does seem more sensible to go somewhere that the mass of people will find more economical.

This poster has suggested something that if possible seems like a good idea:-

Quote:
View Post
-you relatives buy a package and add your name/room, no flights.
-you book your flights and meet them
So maybe ask the Canadians if they are able to do that without confirming anything.

You will need to know what airport they arrive into, so then you can look into where it might be possible for you to fly from at a viable cost?

I have not yet been to the Caribbean (but do dream to visit one day) but Jamaica comes to mind as a large island, so hopefully more flights from different destinations.
That is what you perhaps need to research flights, perhaps back to front.

Noticed you mentioned in your first post Portugal/Spain in your 1st post, by one of your final posts & have to agree with you, rather extravagant for Canadians, when their only port of call is there & for Fully Inclusive, they would probably be disappointed with the extra costs of flights.
If you had asked in the context of all Europeans, then I would have said that Faro airport, Algarve, Portugal has a number of flights from varying airports, it is particular a favourite for UK, as served by various airports from UK both charter and economical airlines many months of the year.

Once you get it sorted, no doubt both your mother and siblings will have a great time together.

ps the month is important
This user would like to thank moggy for this useful post: