View Single Post
Old 20.07.2015, 23:14

Groaned at 197 Times in 145 Posts
Thanked 1,730 Times in 947 Posts
Pashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthyPashosh is considered unworthy
Re: Iran nuclear talks: 'Historic' agreement struck

Quote:
View Post
a trip to the library would educate Obama to the fact that the actions of the US are principally responsible for all of the anti-US sentiment in Iran since 1953. it would also educate him to the fact that Iran is not now, and has never been, a threat to the US, but rather a threat to Saudi, aka Sunni, powers in the region.

as an educated American, I find my country's continued insistence on portraying Iran as some kind of evil empire contrary to history, shortsighted and counter-productive. we overthrew their government and effectively stole their oil for 25 years, it should not surprise us that there is animosity and it should not be beyond us to try remedying the situation through diplomatic channels.

considering the heritage of nearly all of the 9/11 terrorists and the source of the vast majority of all funding of terrorism in the region, my personal view is that it is time to start sussing out whether a region dominated by Iran might be better for US interests than a region dominated by Saudi Arabia.
How would the U.S benefit from a stronger, more assertive Iran which is still firmly in the Anti-U.S camp ?