View Single Post
Old 23.07.2015, 22:22
Forum Legend

Groaned at 31 Times in 26 Posts
Thanked 5,223 Times in 2,140 Posts
Mélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond reputeMélusine has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Question for the ladies - fibroids

A friend of mine got pregnant while having several fibroids, including a pretty large one. Apparently they tend to go even larger because of the pregnancy hormones, which can be harmful the the fetus. My friend had what was classified as high risk pregnancy, and it ended up in emergency c-section at 36 weeks. She was told that normal delivery was too risky when you have fibroids. Note that both mom and baby were perfectly healthy, and she proceeded to have another baby a few years later

My aunt had several fibroids too, and they tended to bleed heavily during her cycles. She chose to have them cauterised, which solved her issues completely. She didn't want anymore children, so cauterisation was the best solution for her. She was suffering from severe anemia and dizzy spells because of the frequent blood loss.

Surgery is always scary, but I don't think this is a massive procedure. Good luck to you!
This user would like to thank Mélusine for this useful post: