View Single Post
Old 24.07.2015, 12:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 38 Times in 34 Posts
Thanked 28,430 Times in 8,714 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GOOD practical SKN course (Zürich)

Heksita, where in ZH are you?

If anywhere on the left side near the SZ border, I highly recommend my trainer, Jeanette Schuler Ponte, in Wollerau SZ:

http://www.kurse-fuer-hunde.ch/index2.html

Jeanette is a lot of fun to work with, she is not only a highly skilled dog trainer but she also knows how to share her knowledge and experience in a way that is practical, sensible, and entertaining. I have been training with her for 9 years and four dogs now.

(Classes are in German, although Jeanette puts up with my mistake-laden and often nonsensical patter.)

Bear in mind, though, that it is generally recommended to do the SKN courses in your canton of residence, as there will be canton-specific topics discussed. So it might be best to stick to canton ZH for the mandatory course.

But beyond the SKN, you could also consider other courses to address the behavior - from Familienhund to the various dog sports. A good trainer knows that every activity is really about strengthening the bond and shaping everyday behavior.

Hopefully some of the Zürich contingent will be along with suggestions for a trainer in ZH.

All the best to you and your pup...
This user would like to thank meloncollie for this useful post: