View Single Post
Old 26.07.2015, 13:02
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 117 Times in 68 Posts
crazykittylady has a reputation beyond reputecrazykittylady has a reputation beyond reputecrazykittylady has a reputation beyond reputecrazykittylady has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to deal with noisy party from neighbors?

Quote:
View Post
Going by bright and early on a Sunday morning is just nasty!!

But also shows that you were not really disturbed and kept up all night by their renditions of Johnny Hallliday!!

Where i used to live, most of the neighbours were invited anyway. And the music was turned down a smidgeon around midnight.

Perhaps the OP wasn't invited.
I live in a rather densely populated area. Our back terrace feeds into three back yards, and the other sides feed into apartments. If anyone invited all the neighbours, I'm certain everyone wouldn't fit in any one house.

it's also inconsiderate when living in close quarters not to take into account that some people need to wake up early or just need to sleep early. Most city bylaws require quiet between noon and one, in the evening and at night, so it's not ridiculous to require neighbours to be considerate of others.

Some people are sick, some people have children (not surprising given the krippe just across the street, and some people wake up early to go to church and yet more people provide essential services and go to work on Sundays.

... So yelling/singing loudly enough to keep neighbours up is generally considered antisocial behaviour... especially in a country where air conditioning is uncommon in homes and windows must be kept open at night. If you don't know your neighbours yet, it's generally not a good idea to set up an introduction when they're drunk.
The following 3 users would like to thank crazykittylady for this useful post: