View Single Post
Old 26.07.2015, 17:15

Groaned at 31 Times in 19 Posts
Linnéa UZH has earned the respect of manyLinnéa UZH has earned the respect of manyLinnéa UZH has earned the respect of many
Re: How to deal with noisy party from neighbors?

Quote:
View Post
I doubt you can complain to the police at 22.50 on a Saturday night. 2 a.m perhaps.
Quote:
View Post
In every cool night they do the same thing.

I wonder that will the Geneva police deal with such noise nuisance case [snipped]
I know Geneva like the back of my hand and I can tell you that they'll only intervene if several (5+ ?) tenants call the police on a noisy neighbor (at the same time).

If only one person calls them about a noise complaint, they won't do anything, they'll flag it as another "querelles de voisinage". At best they'll tell you to go and ask your neighbor to be more quite...

The already overstretched Geneva cantonal and municipal Police have more important things to do such as crackdown on drug dealers in Pâquis, Plainpalais ... (mostly by rejected asylum seekers and other illegal aliens), going after cars / motorcycles thieves; plus they regularly assist the understaffed federal border guards (gardes-frontière) enforcing the very porous border to prevent cross-border crime from neighboring France: Annemasse-Ambilly-Gaillard + bandes de Lyonnais.

You can always try to call the cops, but please don't expect wonders. A friend of my cousin once called the Geneva police after getting into a violent row with her boyfriend and she was told to call "la main tendue" or "SOS femmes" if things get really bad.

Be happy that you live in Geneva,a very pleasant and wealthy canton to live and work in... despite the noise
The following 2 users would like to thank Linnéa UZH for this useful post: