View Single Post
Old 27.07.2015, 10:24
Yezi99 Yezi99 is offline
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Geneva
Posts: 6
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yezi99 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Changing canton, Non-EU B-permit. Confused!

View Post
Your residence permit is always issued by the canton that you live in. the work permit part could be from another canton (where you actually work) but this is included in the residence permit. normally at the time of renewal, your residence canton will contact your work canton to check if you are still working and issue the new residence permit.

hence it is not possible that the new canton where you work can issue you the new permit. the only option is to move to that canton.

but there is no benefit of having a permit from one canton over another. basically all have the same rights which is your right to residence.

Hi Happycreature, thanks again for the note.
I called the foreigner service department in the new city I probably will be working at, NOT Living there though. They told me that if I planned to live there, a written request must be prepared. BUT if I don't plan to live there, meaning I would do the commute everyday from my current canton to the new canton. Nothing is needed to be done. As my taxes and all other papers are still in my current canton.

I think this is pretty much what you explained. Please correct if I am wrong.
Reply With Quote