View Single Post
Old 31.07.2015, 20:57

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quinquangular has no particular reputation at present
Re: Incorrectly denied supplementary health insurance - but complex background

Thank you so much for all the replies. There was another one that seemed to have gone missing?

Anyway I perfectly get that insurers are under no obligation to provide supplementary but what I find odd is that they won't just exclude a preexisting condition. And together with denying my health supplementary they denied my accident supplementary so even though my risk of contracting certain illnesses, or heaven forbid, be a victim of a crime against the person, may have nothing to do with my previous condition, I can't get extra cover?

It's at the forefront of my mind as a friend has just been hospitalised following a brutal altercation in Zurich. Not that there was anything wrong with his care but if I could pay for more to be covered, I would.

As for changing insurers, I am tied to two providers via work and also only have a month left to sign up for the basic (they took their sweet time) before my 90 day window expires.

After sleeping on it, I've decided to simply write a letter explaining my current state of health. It is completely truthful - in the time span covered by the questionnaire, I have not needed treatment of any sort. Maybe I've just been too emotional about this all and joined up two similar but unrelated things in my mind out of surprise.