View Single Post
Old 01.08.2015, 17:04
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
dachshund has no particular reputation at present
Re: The ultimate Swiss neighbor

Quote:
View Post
Okay, I find the above responses witty... so I must have been on this Forum for a while.

Dachshund, for your sanity, it is absolutely great that the police really did arrive and also that her husband spoke to you. I can truly sympathise, as I once had a really, really seriously mentally ill neighbour who caused a lot of trouble.

I suggest you document everything as, sadly, this is unlikely to be a once-off incident. As far as possible, get the names and addresses an direct phone numbers (and ideally email-addresses) of every police officer you speak to. If you don't have that of those who visited you, that's fine... it's a reason to go down to the Police Station to ask them, and to thank them for their intervention.
I asked the police to send me a report, with their names, the name of my neighbor and to state that they also consider her mentally ill. They said not a problem and that it should arrive next week.

I called my landlord after the incident and explained everything (gotta love Wallisdüütsch) all he said was to call him if this happens again and that he will ask her to leave the apartment as it is not the first time. He also offered to fix the door.

Quote:
View Post
You'd be surprised how even the smallest of noises can disturb people, especially if they're sensitised to it.

Anyway, if you think it's the front door that's at fault explain to the landlord that it's disturbing your neighbours and insist he does something about it!!!!

It's almost certainly not necessary to change it (assuming he means replacing the whole door), but is more likely a question of changing the hinges or perhaps the lock mechanism... depending on where the noise is coming from. It must be annoying for you and everyone in the building if it makes a lot of noise every time you open or close it.
I am positive that industrial sound isolation would block any sound wave that is propagated vertically. So even if she would have the hearing range of dog she wouldn't be able to hear a thing from that room.

I'll get someone to check the door next week and send the bill to my landlord.
The following 2 users would like to thank dachshund for this useful post: