View Single Post
Old 01.08.2015, 20:44
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
dachshund has no particular reputation at present
Re: The ultimate Swiss neighbor

Quote:
View Post
If you get someone to check the door, yourself, at your own bidding, then you are liable to pay that bill yourself. You cannot, in general, assume that the landlord will pick up the tab. Moreover, you may well upset your landlord (and it seems you're getting on quite well with him, now) if you just send him a bill, especially since he offered to fix the door.

As this is a very, very common bone of contention amongst tenants and landlords in Switzerland, I'd urge you to first ask him if he is going to look at the door himself, or if he would prefer you to get someone in on your time (and his expense).

And would you please post a link, here, to that industrial sound insulation you have? I'm sure many here could be glad of such an effective barrier! Thanks.

Yes sir! I am aware of how that works. He told me to do it myself and as usual I asked him to send me an e-mail confirming this. We have done it in the past and it has never been a problem

These: http://www.swilo.ch/de/schallschutzm...mm-bi50sk.html
are the ones we use and on top a pretty thick carpet. Also the room is 30% covered with acoustic foam. I play the guitar in there as well. They are cheaper in germany but these people need to eat as well ;-)
The following 2 users would like to thank dachshund for this useful post: