View Single Post
Old 01.08.2015, 21:56
Forum Legend

Groaned at 88 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 11,884 Times in 4,829 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Homeopath looking for job

Hello Dudhane

First of all, welcome to the English Forum. I'd like to encourage you not to be overwhelmed by the wide range of reactions, of all sorts, to posts on this forum. Just take the best (by which I mean pick out any bits of advice which seem helpful to you and your wife) and leave the rest (including my ideas, if they don't seem to apply to you).

My advice to all new folk in Switzerland is to work very hard to learn the local language, as soon as possible. In the case of yourself and your wife, German (so-called "high" German to read and write and speak) and, in a second round, Swiss-German, at least to understand when the locals speak.
This alone can increase one's chances of finding work.

Apart from the helpful links provided by Prof. Taratonga, your wife could look up in www.directories.ch all the Homeopathy practitioners in your canton and, in fact, anywhere else. She could phone and ask if she could please come to see them, not for a treatment session, but to ask for advice about becoming a homeopath. Better not to explain the whole story of her existing qualifications on the phone, if they will let her come to them. It may be that others, especially if they live further away (like Zurich) so as not to be her competitors, would be able to explain to her how they themselves became registered.
This user would like to thank doropfiz for this useful post: