View Single Post
Old 04.08.2015, 13:26
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
irish_temptation has a reputation beyond reputeirish_temptation has a reputation beyond reputeirish_temptation has a reputation beyond reputeirish_temptation has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking for jobs as a fresh PhD – advice?

It feels like I am always either overqualified (high education, can’t do internships) or underqualified (lack of ‘real life’ experience) and I just can't seem to jump over the HR wall.

I believe this is your Problem. What makes you think that you can't do an intership? Many People start with an internship especially if they have no working experience in the field like is your case. Just apply for internships. Work hard. Let them see that you are good and that you know your stuff. Get a good working reference letter (very important in CH) and some working experience (very important in CH) and then send out more application letters with the reference and the reference letter. You will have a Swiss reference letter and Swiss working experience and you will have picked up some German - don't underestimate your need for German. You might not need it for work but you need it for your colleguages. It won't hurt. As Long as you have no job learning German is your Job. It can't be too hard for you if you speak Dutch.
The following 2 users would like to thank irish_temptation for this useful post: