View Single Post
Old 22.08.2015, 10:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 333 Times in 258 Posts
Thanked 11,716 Times in 6,858 Posts
Wollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond reputeWollishofener has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coca Cola and Denner

Quote:
View Post
I've noticed on Swiss Coke the phrase "Made in Switzerland" is made very visible. Does that matter to Swiss people? Is the Coke made here any different than say, the Coke made in Germany? Will Swiss people not drink German Coke?

And in which way does it matter now that Denner has cheaper Coke? I understood that Denner is under the umbrella of Migros. Is Migros at war with Coop? If so who is winning?

This is interesting...
I think

It matters prestige-ways. but People do not care

As Denner is the low price Migros Light actually along the original business concept of Migros, the Migros Group now has an additional lane to tackle the market. When Gottlieb Duttweiler established Migros he not only faced the usual retailers but also Konsum Verein and Lebensmittel Verein, two co.operatives backed by the Social Democratic Party who used the two co.operatives to finance political campaigns and of course accepted the price ideas of the suppliers.

Dutti then started to make wholesale purchases abroad, undercut the prices of the others by up to 50 percent and when suppliers increasingly boycotted Migros he purchased some suppliers and established Migros owned production companies

Later LV... and KV.... merged into COOP and also started into SelfService and as Discounter. Denner later on came under Management of Mr Schwery who reduced the assortment, cut down Prices and modernized his Business, AND placed most Denner places just beside Migros places

BOTH Migros and COOP over the years purchased and established other companies.

Neither won the war and the battles end differently.