View Single Post
Old 26.08.2015, 11:45
Forum Legend

Groaned at 58 Times in 54 Posts
Thanked 4,086 Times in 1,864 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Another great Jeremy Corbyn idea!

Quote:
View Post
The idea is going to be put to women, as one would sensibly expect. I think the service at night would be very good.

It doesn't also necessarily have to be 'an issue' as you put it, does it? Women may not feel safe in certain areas/on certain trains when travelling so it would help them to feel safer and therefore have a more pleasant journey which, in my view, is a good idea.
In a democracy we don't put ideas to a vote only from the people who would benefit. Except in apartheid era South Africa of course.

I would like a carriage that has no audible music, no people who smell, no noisy children and only people who have short legs that don't cross the centre line of opposing seats.

However, I'm reasonable enough to accept that I have to share this with everyone and pay a fare reflecting reasonable compromises. I don't see any reason to accept a sexist proposal to give others more rights on the same service.
The following 2 users would like to thank newtoswitz for this useful post: