Thread: Weather!
View Single Post
Old 31.08.2015, 22:37
Forum Legend

Groaned at 144 Times in 130 Posts
Thanked 15,781 Times in 6,857 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather!

Quote:
View Post
Hah that explains inexperience in atlantic weather

No, memory ok but over the Leman I have never experienced a temperature lower than 1-2 C below zero (probably one year is not enough but still). That is of course the lake effect and in the mountains it will be appropriately cold. But again, you can go to Poland and experience -25C sometimes

And no, I'm enthusiast of long, warm weather spells but not the type you will get in Po Valley down south in Italy. So there, I chose right :P
You haven't been here long enough. First year we were here it was -10/-15° in Yverdon and that's not unusual.

I come from the north of England so I'm well acquainted with both the North Sea and Atlantic weather.
Long warm weather spells are the exception rather than the rule in Switzerland so don't count on it happening every year.