View Single Post
Old 07.09.2015, 22:08
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 5 Times in 1 Post
dasi is considered a nuisancedasi is considered a nuisancedasi is considered a nuisance
I would like to recommend Lac d'Emmoson:

http://verticalp-emosson.ch/en/

You take three means of transportation up from Le Chatelard (between Martigny and Chamonix), starting with a very very very steep (don't worry, not at all scary) funicular, then an almost toy train, and finally a short funky funicular. The whole ride takes about 40 minutes and there are beautiful views of Mont Blanc on the way. At the end is a big dam (very impressive, though Grand Dixence is much better) and you can walk around the lake and stuff. Kids will love the whole trip.

Another few things I'd like to mention around Lausanne/Geneva -

Lausanne has the Espace d'Inventions, which is a hands-on science museum for kids. I've taken my toddler there three times and she loves it, even though she's too young to understand the scientific part. The other thing she really liked was the zoology museum in Rumine Palace. Great stuffed animals.
Both of these museums are free on the first Saturday of the month!

The other thing I wanted to mention was the Museum of Natural History in Geneva. It's a really fine museum, completely free. The stuffed animals are really nice and the two-headed turtle (yes, alive and crawling around) is a sight to see.

Last edited by 3Wishes; 07.09.2015 at 22:26. Reason: merging consecutive posts